Dr. Nils’ Journey To Optimal Health
Join me for an incredible journey that will explore the connection between diet and health. Uncover the lost secrets of optimal wellness! Over the next 12 months our ship will make 10 stops, each visiting a different land in our quest for health perfection. At each destination we’ll explore a basic cause of organ damage, how this translates into illness, and how to use medicinal foods and lifestyle changes to heal ourselves.
I hope to show you what an exciting time this is for improving your health. Here at the forefront of medicine we are experiencing a revolution in the understanding and treatment of the common diseases like diabetes, heart disease and dementia.
As a doctor I teach patients how to normalize their blood sugars without medicines. Some are able to reverse their diabetes and chronic diseases. By using a functional medicine approach to addressing the root causes of an illness instead of treating the symptoms, we can get an early start on preventing future problems. But the best news is that we use simple, inexpensive methods that don’t require much more than making a few basic lifestyle changes.
Our program rests on a foundation of ancient wisdom, incorporates modern science, and uses novel approaches to halting common diseases.
So imagine yourself starting a journey to new and different lands, with exciting experiences and discoveries. Get ready to learn novel strategies for improving your health. Our discoveries are going to have a direct impact on your health and the way you feel!
By the end of the journey you will be stronger and healthier. You will feel better, sleep better, have more energy, enjoy optimal mental functioning and improved digestion!
So grab a rain slicker, compass and spyglass, and hop aboard!!
Quick & Easy Summer Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups cut cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 peeled & cut cucumber
- 1 peeled and cut avocado
- 1 cup mozzarella brocconcini
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar dressing to taste
- Mix and enjoy!
Watermelon, Tomato & Avacado Salad with Mint
- 1 1/2 cups 1" cubed watermelon
- 1 1/2 halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, 1" cubes
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons fresh torn or coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 seeded jalapeno, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon seasalt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry fried sesame seeds or black sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, gently toss the cherry tomatoes, watermelon, jalapeno, and lime zest.
- Whisk lime juice and oil together w/ a dash of the seasalt.
- Dry fry the sesame seeds so they slightly brown, careful not to burn them.
- Mix the fruits with the dressing and the sesame seeds, then add the avocado.
- Finally, sprinkle with the seasalt and mint.