Tuesday March 28, 2017 is Diabetes Alert Day
It is important to understand your and your loved ones risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Take the test below!
AROUND THE TABLE:
These simple changes will not only make you a delightful dinner guest, but also have great health benefits
- Wait to eat until everyone is served. It is not a race, so if everyone starts at the same time you can take your time to enjoy the company and the meal.
- Eat at the table with a plate of food. This allows you to see and know exactly how much you are eating. Avoid eating out of a bag, unless you are a horse.
- Avoid those 2nd helpings. Serve yourself and leave extra food on the stove/counter and off the table within arm’s reach.
- Savor every bite. Put your fork down between bites so that you can enjoy the texture and taste of each bite.
- Clear the table. Have family members clear their own plate so there are no temptations to finish your kid’s meal.
- May I be excused? Once you leave the dinner table, consider the kitchen closed. For the best night sleep you should finish eating dinner two to three hours before bedtime.